So loud, it hurts!
Gus loves almost everything about his birthday. But when the sounds become too loud, he feels overwhelmed and needs to remember what silence feels like. This book is designed to help children who suffer from sound sensitivity by giving them a way
of talking about it through the character, but also by sharing some ideas, suggestions and tools to help facilitate conversations and implement strategies. This book may also help some children with Autism Spectrum Disorders who are hyper-sensitive to sounds.
Consulting Psychologist, Stephanie Margolese, P.H.D
- Full color illustrations.
- 8.5 x 8.5 inches, soft cover.
- Great for class or as a family resource book.
- Simple concepts that can be understood by children 4-8.
- Practical tools that can easily be introduced at home, school or as part of therapy.
- A great conversation starter to help children understand and take control.
Here are some extra resources to help bring these tools into your home or classroom.